Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DIY Drink Coasters


Drink Coasters made from tiles! These are so fun to make and at less than a $1 a piece, they're a great gift to give anytime! They're so versatile and a cinch to personalize for any decor or personality.

I purchased the tiles from Menards for $0.11 a piece. I believe they were on sale, but are still less than $0.20 a piece when full price. Menards also has a basic supply of different colors to choose from.

I ran home, elated with the supplies for my next project and set to work. I gathered patterned paper(scrapbook paper), Mod Podge, scrapbook letter stickers, scissors, and glitter acrylic glaze paint. These were a gift for a friend, so they were appropriately Eiffel Tower themed. Thus, after a few trial and error towers, I managed to cut these four to a respectable shape, Mod Podged them on, placed the stickers, threw on a coat of acrylic glitter glaze, and then polished them off with two coats of Mod Podge over the entire surface of all four tiles. I let them dry over night and was pleased as punch the following morning. I stacked them and then tied them together with embossing floss and they made an elegant homemade gift! Now, I need a reason to make several more sets...


No comments:

Post a Comment